Astitva.... The Fountainhead

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Harold and Kumar....

11:10 PM on a Friday night and you are still in office. You decide you have had enough. If you work anymore you may end up not getting any dinner and public transport back home.

11:28 PM at Orchard. BK is still open, Lucky me!! Grab a whopper meal without patty.

11:45 PM at Orchard. Dinner is done. Heard that Harold and Robin has a sneak preview tonight. Should I give it a try after 14 hours of work. I may end up sleeping in the theatre if the movie isn't good.

11:55 PM Lido at Orchard. I will take my chances. Show starts at midnight.

The next 1.5 hours is worth every penny spent. It's a movie about two Asian guys in Sates. One of Chinese origin and the other of Indian. Dunno how but I can relate to the Chinese guys in the movie at times. Guess singapore is showing its effect. ;-)

I am not sure if this movie will do well a the US box office, but Asians are going to love this. Trust Me!! Its a must watch for the younger audience. The humour is not neat and goes over the edge at times but it has variety. Its not the movie you will take your girlfriend out to. But one where you go out with a large gang of friends. I'ld call it one of the top comedy's released in the past 4 months.

Final Rating 4.5/5

Avyakt!!