Astitva.... The Fountainhead

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The China Challenge

I was in Shanghai for a week on work.
Observations:-
  • Infrastructure is awesome.... from 5 lane roads to the speed with which construction and reconstruction takes place is just maddening. They do not build structures, they raise them(Those of you who have played strategy games would know what I mean).
  • Buildings are creatively done, though the style changes largely between buildings. This gives variety but looks a little odd.
  • Textile is very cheap.... I never thought I would end up shopping for clothes to the extent I finally did. Infact, clothes was all I bought there.
  • A large population with friendly people, it was like being back in India.
  • Vegetarian food is tough to find. Much tougher than Singapore, but one can survive.
  • Taxi's are very cheap. They are as cheap as India and provide better service.